Tom-Pac® TP-2700 Ultra Temp Grease is a fully synthetic lubricating grease design for industrial bearing applications that run in constant high heat conditions.
Under high heat conditions the base oil is designed to evaporate cleanly, leaving behind no residue or carbon deposits that could cause bearing failure upon accumulation. It contains an advanced solid particle lubricant additive that is effective up to 800°C (1470°F).
This solid particle lubricant is of the finest grade and is designed to coat metal surfaces with a thin layer to provide wear protection and lubricity. It is similar to graphite in its structure but provides superior heat protection, even compared to, MoS2(Moly) or PTFE (teflon). Surfaces coated with this material become slick and shiny due to its ability to penetrate into small surface crevices.
The advantage of using TP-2700 Ultra Temp Grease versus other high temp lubricants is that the application can be continually relubricated, without the worry of deposit formation and residue accumulation overtime, which is a common cause of bearing failure in high heat applications.
Where to Use:
• Designed for use primarily in high temperature applications that can be relubricated.
• It is highly water resistant and thus can also be used in areas exposed to wet or damp conditions.
• It contains EP additives and can be used in bearings under load.
How to apply :
Most automatic and semi automatic lubrication systems are acceptable delivery methods. Adjust intervals accordingly. TP-2700 should be applied to a clean bearing in good condition. Mixing this grease is not recommended as previous carbon deposits and residue will affect performance.
Advantages / Benefits
- No Residue
- Leaves surfaces clean, reducing equipment damage from carbon sludge deposits.
- Food Grade :21 CFR 178.3570(a)
- All ingredients are indentified FDA and approved as components of lubricants in food processing and packaging machinery where incidental food contact may occur.
- Extreme Pressure / Anti-Friction Additives
- Contains a combination of wear and pressure additives as well as an advanced solid particle lubricant for
- extended equipment life.